cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JNet Null Pointer Exception when viewing End-to-End monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have been experiencing a constant problem with the End-to-End monitoring tool in the Runtime Workbench.

We're using PI 7.0 SP14 with Java 2 Platform Standard Version 1.5.0 on the client machine.

Everytime End-to-End monitoring loads we recieve a "JNet 1.0 Exception Notification (Build 6036 / pwdfm074)". There are 2 buttons: "Try Restart" and "Stop JNet". When "Try Restart" is clicked, the error occurs again. When clicking "Stop JNet" the right frame reads "JNet Aborted".

De-selecting the "Graphical View" checkbox in the left frame will show the process overview list. But any attempt to load the graphical view will throw the same exception.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks,

Kenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that there is some problem with your J2EE engine or its not installed properly. Please check if you are missing something in the J2EE stack.

We also experienced this issue "Null-Pointer Exception" in RWB stacks many a times, but it goes when we close and open the browser again.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash and others,

Thanks for your reply. We expected that it was something with the J2EE stack on either client or server side - maybe something like a missing JAR file that needs to be deployed.

Would you or anyone else have any documentation links for JAVA stack post-install config that we can go-over?

Thanks,

Kenn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The best solution for your problem is to unintall the existing version 1.5 and install the j2sdk1.4.2. i had the same problem

and after doing the above it fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm getting the same error when trying to load the monitor. Did you ever find a definite resolution to this? I am running Java version 6 update 7 on my client. (1.6.0_07-b06)

Best regards,

Aaron

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aaron,

Is this still a problem.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

please choose the jre/jdk in version 1.4.2_18. you must change (activate) the version in contol of your operating system. you must deactivate the other version 1.6XX

see note

1323871 - Null Pointer Exception in frog.jar (End-to-End Monitor)

oh sorry, that is for release 7.11?

Edited by: Christoph Kautz on Dec 20, 2009 6:28 PM