cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Port Creation not Possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to create MDM Inbound Port for my Repository.

The problem is I am not getting the XML Format is coming as Deactivated.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

You will require an XML Schema to use an XML file through the port. This is because the XML file now cant be imported directly through the Import server without the XML Schema.

So, kindly use the XML schema option there in the port.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is solved.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Edited by: Kaushik Banerjee on Aug 27, 2008 7:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

It would be nice if you update the status of your Threads

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik ,

To import a XML source file in to MDM from a Remote sytem using the port:

- Create an XML schema which will define the structure of the incoming XML file .and upload this xml schema under the XML schema table in mdm console under teh Admin node

- After this create the port in MDM with type as inbound.

- Select the the XML Format for importing in the format property and the XML schema which you have uploaded in console.

- Make the processing type as Manual if you are going for manual importing or else change it to automatic and configure the MDIs.ini file accordingly.

Refer the use of XML schema table in Console in the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

If you are importing a standard XML file from the ERP system you will have to acc use the std XML like Matmas05 for a Material record frm R/3 or ECC else if you are importing a test data which corresponds to the MDM repository structure you can generate the XSD using Xomlite software and the exported schema from MDM rep(rep->rt clik->export schema)

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

XML option is not available and even it is not mentioned in the reference Guide. As Nitin has mentioned in order to use XML we need to select XML Schema.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja