cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the domain name for existing installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am planning to migrate the existing installation from the domain to another domain due to some problems with the existing Domain Controller. Is it possible? If yes, Is there any documented way of doing it? Any one has any docs regarding this complete migration?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,

cvr/

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I think you were mentioning of changing the AD, FQDN.

Yes it is possible although little complicated.

In your database u need to create OPS$ users for your new domain and assign appropraite rights.

example: OPS$<domain_name>\sidadm and OPS$<domain_name>\SAPSERVICE<SID>. Refer SAP Note 50018.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chetan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funny. I have gotten into the same problem just today.

I'm doing a total landscape intallation for a customer, and they are planing to migrate from Novell NDS to MS AD during the project. As of monday they were planing to implement AD just for my sake to keep it simple, but today they have some problems with delivery, so I may have to go forward with the installation on the "wrong" domain.

So, this will require a domain change to ERP, CRM, EP, BW, XI and SolutionManager.

The links from you Eddy to SAP Lib are useful, but somewhat shallow as to what problems might arise. The 50018 note is not released, so ....

Need more input.

Is this recomended ?

What are the pitfalls ?

Timeframe for change of one system ?

Is it possible to "loose" the system between domains ?

regards

Alexsander Moan

Message was edited by: Alexander Moan

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos