cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.0 (4.0 Support Release 4) Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am facing problem while installing Solution Manager 7.0 (Solution Manger 4.0 SR4) officially called SM 7.0 from Last May by SAP.

I am unable to find installation path SAP System->(Database)->Central System Installation->ABAP + Java

I have tried two media and downloaded it from site too.

Anyone who can guide to install Solution Manager 7.0?

Regards

Dharmendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, are you download installation guide for your SOLUTION MANAGER? From https://service.sap.com/instguides --> sap solution manager, and your release.

In your case i'm think you trying installation on windows 32 bit, it not supported, try to use 64 bit or download lower SR release and after patch to new sp level (if you not have 64 bit OS), but SAP recomends to use 64 bit. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are absolutely correct it has been mentioned requirements but there is also software available on service.sap.com and even DVD have been issued for windows 32 Bit.

Even, every thing is going fine but problem is that Option of central system installation is not found in this Realeased/Shipped DVD.

Now, I Mean to know Whether I am skiping any changed sequences for SR4 OR Released/Shipped DVD/(SM 4.0 SR4 Available on Site) is not complete.

Please Anyone (You) may download it from https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/swdc -> serach for software -> Solution Manager 7.0

Then follow the proper links -> Save it

Try to install and see.

Please help . Please help . Please help . Please help .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you won't get This option in 32BIt flatform.

open SAP instmaster in 64 BIT OS, then you can see the menu to install SAP solution manager .

i.e Central system instance.

by

raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm know the DVD is available for 32 bit, but you cant see "central system installation" because 32 bit not SUPPORTED on this release, you can only install what you see.

Before you start installation you need read notes : for you this Note 1145779 - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Installation

per note :

"As of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 you can only install dialog instances on 32-bit platforms. All remaining SAP system instances (central instance, database instance, central services instance (SCS), ABAP central services instance (ASCS)) you can only install on 64-bit platforms. Therefore the folder "SAP Systems" is not available on the "Welcome screen", when you start the installation from a installation master DVD for 32-bit."

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have tried it on windows 2003 server STD Ed x86 64 bit. Its Same as before. Anyone who have installed it is welcome to guide me.

Regards

DK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you shure ? Go to START>RUN>CMD and execute

systeminfo , are you see 64 bit? I'm install 1 week ago on

2003 server ENT Ed x86 64 bit without any problem....

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have been answered. Now I getting this option to install Central System. But Now I am facing New problem Regarding IBM DB2 JDBC / CLI Driver V9 FP5SAP or FP4SAP.

We have not been delivered above DVD By SAP. But Installation asking for it. I have also tried to download from Service.SAP.Com but atlast it shows not available.

Please let me know any idea about it.

Regards

Dharmendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmendra,

Please use the link https://service.sap.com/swdc. Search for string "CLI/JDBC-DRIVER". You should find 51033406 - "DB2 V9 LUW FP4SAP CLI/JDBC-Driver". I assume it is the CD/DVD you are looking for.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already serched. Not found. Only FP3SAP is available.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmendra,

Did you search using just the string "CLI/JDBC-DRIVER"? When I search with that string, the "DB2 LUW RDBMS 9.1 FP4SAP Client" is the only one that returns, and no other.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Change the file

"51033517_11\SAP_Solution_M._7.0_Inst._Master\IM_WINDOWS_I386\product.catalog"

by the file

"51033517_13\SAP_Solution_M._7.0_Inst._Master\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\product.catalog"

and with ERP 6.0 similar

"\SAP_Business_2005_Inst_Master_ERP_6.0_SR3_51033511\IM_WINDOWS_I386\product.catalog"

by

"SAP_Business_2005_Inst_Master_ERP_6.0_SR3_51033511\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\product.catalog"

and install.

Thats works!!

I did it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt Kangas - you are a genius Many Thanks for this posting