cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario: Message has error status on outbound side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing one BPM scenario. In my scenario i am collecting 12 different type of idocs in BPM and bundling these idocs and sending these to the 12 different files.

If i send 12 idocs from the R/3 then my scenario is working perfectly fine. If i send less than the 12 idocs that time i am getting the error message as "Message has error status on outbound side" with red flag.

Can you please explain what minght be the problem. I have already checked in SM58,SMQ1 and SMQ2.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

if your expect 12 IDocs and actually get less, then your are

not handeling the exeptions right.

add some deadline for the collect pattern to continue even

with less then 12....

Nimrod.g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimros,

Where can i add deadline? As per my knowledge deadline is for time exception right?

Can you please let me know what is the solution for resolving this.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Collecting and Bundling Messages - Multiple Interfaces ?

please ellaborate how you defined your BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimod,

My requirement is" I am getting 12 different customized idocs. I have to collect all the idocs and bundle these idocs(multiple interfaces). In one of the idocs i am getting the total number of idocs is sent from the R/3. So i have to count how many idocs i got in BPM and compare this count with the total number of idocs field in one of the idoc. If it matches then i am sending this to 12 different merged files. BPM will wait 1 hour if the count is not matching then i am triggering the alert and then cancelling the process.

When ever i am sending all the idocs then it is working. If i am sending less than 12 idocs then only i am getting the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purushotham,

1. check your correlation

2. check your receiver determination.

one of these may have problem.

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no problem in Correletion and Receiver Determination.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BPM how are you collecting the IDOCs? I think you have taken 12 receivers to collect the 12 idocs. So, after that only are you bundling. That can be the error.

Otherwise have you given wait step in BPM before sending the Idocs to the sender steps.

Check with these settings.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

I hv configured my scenario as follows

1. Start

2. Block ( Deadline and Control step for cancell the process)

3. Fork(Necessary branches 12)

4. Loop(12 loops)

Under loop

a. Receive Step

b. Container Operation( For count)

c. Container Operation(For append)

5. Fork( Necessary branches 12)

6. Transformation

7. Send

8 Stop

This is my scenario. In the first Fork step i am checking end condition as total number of idocs is reached then i am sending all the data to the target system. If the idocs are not reaching with in 1 hour then i am cancelling the process.

Now can you please tell me what is the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all catch this operation in Exception Block, so that in message monitoring, it goes successfully and then you monitor it one by one. Try using this and then explore the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think in BPM your system is wating for all the IDco to come , than only it will process the messages .if you are not giving the suficiant no of input it will show error.

if you are using counter veriable to controle the appand process,change this with the closing message method that is when you want to close the append process you just send the closing message..

regards,

navneet

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will also depend on how you are bundling your Idocs.