cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM to VDS export

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm useing the Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes Guide and everything seem to be working. There is no error when I run the report RPLDAP_EXTRACT and the vds logs seem to be clean. But when I try to do a initial load there are no records being updated and the the job gives a error and said timeout. I'm sure that I am missing something in the vds configuration. I want to be able to read su01 data from the hcm system.

Thanks in advance.

Schalk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schalk & Gregg,

i'm following the document 'Identity Management for SAP Landscaped: Configuration Guide' to implement HCM IDM Integration through VDS. I've completed the entire configuration, but I'm stuck while trying to execute the report 'RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM' to export the data from HCM to VDS.

It throws the following error

"ERROR WHEN UPDATING LDAP DIRECTORY"

I have 2 questions here,

Q1. While creating the RFC Connection, we're supposed to provide a registered Program ID. Which ID is this? Where should the program be created(in VDS or in HCM)? I have provided the IDM Server ID (where VDS is also installed) as the RFC destination name & Program ID.

Q2. While configuring VDS using the template 'HCM LDAP extract to IDM', it asks for a UserID & password. Which authentication info do we need to provide here? HCM authentication or IDM UI authentication?

Could this error be because of any problem related to the above 2 questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel

Did you got answer to your questions.

When we are executing the report I am getting following error " The specified variant does not exist. "

Any clues.

Thank you.

daniel_haenni2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad

You have to specifiy a Variant in your HCM-Data-Export SAP-Query in the HCM-System and provide that in the used report RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM in the section Data source (take a look at the Identity management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration guide Page 82.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Daniel

I have saved the input values as a variant and is giving variant while running the report. I have gone through the page 82 of the config document and have entered the value as per that only.

How did the RFC destination be able to execute the function module

SPLDAP_RECEIVE_ATTRIBUTES ? what values you gave for RFC destination?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schalk:

Could you be a little more explicit? Where is the connection breaking? Is data passing from SAP --> VDS --> Identity Store and failing when being transferred from the staging area to you main store or is not reaching the staging area at all?

Thx,

Gregg

0 Kudos

Hi Gregg

Thanks for your response again. I looked at the "AS ABAP - initial load" log and found the following error "Unhandled Error in DSERuntime - Exception:java" and under additional information "lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc [C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapjcorfc.dll: Can't find dependent libraries]. java.library.path [C:\Program Files\SAP\IdM\sapjvm_5\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\PHP\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\]" Sorry only saw this error after the post. All other connections seem to be working. there is no error in the hcm system and I can in tc LDAP log on to the vds and no errors. Is there a way to see the the data in the vds or see if the connection from the vds to the hcm is woring ?

Hope that I gave enough info.

Thanks

Schalk

0 Kudos

Hi Gregg

I mananage to see what the problem was but now all the users that it imports give this error "od operation:ToIDStore.modEntry CSIEBRITS failed with Exception. - Exception:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Entry does not exist - entry: CSIEBRITS"

Any Idea ?

Thx

Schalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schalk:

When you see an error message that says entry does not exist that means it is attempting to write to an attribute (entry) of that name CSIEBRITS so I would assume it brought that entry over from SAP. Sometime I have found the error messages from java to be less meaningful than the ones in RFC 2251. If you have the error number you can look it up in the RFC.

You can try creating that attribute re-running the job and see what VDS logs report. Don't forget to set the log level to debug.

-Gregg

0 Kudos

Hi Gregg

Sorry but this is the first time I'm working with ID Manager, where can I find RFC 2251 and what attribute should I create ?

Thanks

Schalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schalk:

RFC 2251 as in Request for Comments 2251, the specification for LDAP v3.[http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2251.txt] Search for error messages and they will list them by number and what they are supposed to indicate.

You would need to create a attribute in identity center called CSIEBRITS. Is this word/acronym meaningful to you?

You asked this question previously "Is there a way to see the the data in the vds or see if the connection from the vds to the hcm is working ?" The answer is yes via the logs. From the Configure pull down menu select the Operations log and set the log level to ALL. If you want to pull information from the Identity Center select the check box for IC, set the log level for extensions to ALL and click the box with three ... to set up the jdbc connection to the mxmc_db. This will give you a lot of information when you execute the export from SAP.

-Gregg

0 Kudos

Hi Gregg

CSIEBRITS is one of the user names, the only problem is that there is over 200 usernames with the same error. Do I have to create an attribute for all the users ?

Thanks for the help on the vds data.

Schalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schalk:

I need to back up to make sure I know exactly what has been done and what hasn't been done. From what you have you previously written, you have the LDAP extract working and passing to VDS. The operation log shows that the ldap basics are occurring, bind, authorize, search etc. When VDS writes attempts to write to the database that fails. Did you set up the HR staging area per the documentation? Did you create the necessary attributes that match with those coming over from SAP? The infotype 105 subtype 0001 is exported from SAP with an attribute name of SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME, that attribute name needs to exist in the IC, the same appplies for each attribute exported from SAP.

-Gregg

0 Kudos

Hi Gregg

Took a long time but found the problem. The attribute ACCOUNT<Respositoryname> that I created wrong I put a space between ACCOUNT and <Respositoryname>.

Thanks for you help Gregg.

Schalk