cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHat all s/w needed to learn MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have IDES ECC 6.0 and MDM 5.5 installed.

WHat all do i need to install to learn MDM?

Do I need XI also ? How difficult is it to configure XI since I am from EP and ABAP...Any way to skip it or connect it?

Is there any specifice components I have to install extra along with MDM ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with install GUI Clients i.e. Console, Data Manager, Import Manager and Syndicator. Later you can go for Publisher, Enrichment, Import Server for Automatic Importing, Syndication Server for autopmatic Syndicating etc.

You need XI when you want to establish communication between MDM and R/3. Standard Content is available hence not much efforts are required for configuration.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

even without XI we can access ECC from MDM right ? Am i correct? Any limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes......... Through ABAP APIs

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

You can send lookup table data from ECC to MDM using FTP or to local file system without using XI (transaction mdmgx).

But for sending main table data I think you require XI (transaction mdm_clnt_extr in ECC).

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geroge,

As said in above post we can use ABAP API.

There are two types of data:

1. Lookup data

2. Main table data

For extracting lookup data from R/3 we have transction MDMGX. For this we dont have to use XI, We need to configure FTP

For Extracting Main table information we have transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR. For this we have to use XI as a middleware.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Main Table do we have alternative to XI , like API ABAP

Where to do this and what to do for thos?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Please refer the below thread and the note mention in it.

I dont think that we have any alternative other than XI for Main table Extraction. We need XI when two systems doesn't understand the format. R/3 sends data in the form of Idocs and MDM doesn't support this instead MDM understands XML which XI outputs.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

You can also extract the Main Table data from tables like MARA using MDMGX transaction but this is a workaround and a complex process.

Using the standard approach IDOC is triggered from ECC and this IDOC is mapped to the main table of MDM repository and it is routed to MDM through XI.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje

Answers (0)