Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down in Native Adobe Form in WD Java

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Basic Info: WD Java, Native Adobe Interactive Form on NW 7.0 SP 12, Live Cycle Designer 8.0 and Reader 8.1.1.

Problem Abstract:- I have a dropdown in Adobe form which needs to prefilled with results retreived from a BAPI.

Detail: I have a BAPI_GET_PLANTS which gives me all plants and their description. I have written the code in Web Dynpro as follows:-

for(int i=0; i<wdContext.nodeIt_T001W_Output().size();i++)
		{
			IPublicPurchaseReqComp.IIt_T001W_OutputElement source = wdContext.nodeIt_T001W_Output().getIt_T001W_OutputElementAt(i);
			IPublicPurchaseReqComp.IPRecSourceElement current = wdContext.currentPRecSourceElement();
			IPublicPurchaseReqComp.IPlantElement ele = wdContext.currentPRecSourceElement().nodePlant().createPlantElement();
			ele.setId(source.getWerks());
			ele.setDesc(source.getWerks()+" - "+source.getName1());
			//wdContext.nodePlant().addElement(ele);
			current.nodePlant().addElement(ele); 
		}

If I select the DD Key element of WD, I am able to see the values in drop-down. Its only the problem when I map the context in Adobe form.

Context as follows:-

PRecSource (1:1 cardinality) : mapped to dataSource property for the form
|-----Plant (0:n cardinality)
         |-----Id  (String)
         |-----Desc (string)

displayType is native and I selected EnumeratedDropDown from WD Native library and mapped the desc property to it in Adobe Designer.

But the drop-down values are not getting populated. Am i missing something?

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

You may use Simpletype for populating the values in the dropdown, I have used it as given below:

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueset = wdContext.nodeRegion().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("Region_attr").getModifiableSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

valueset.put("EUR","Europe");

valueset.put("AMS","South America");

valueset.put("AMN","North America");

valueset.put("OCE","Oceania");

valueset.put("ASA","Asia");

valueset.put("AFR","Africa");

Context structure is like:

MainDataNode (1:n, Singleton true) -> RegionNode (1:1, Singleton false).

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arafat,

I got some weird errors when I tried to use sSimpleTypes, but since the data is dynamic, it needs to be retrieved from BAPI.

Anyways I was able to resolve this error, as I downgraded to Designer 7.1 and it worked :-).

I don't know if this is a bug in my Designer 8.0 or its a bug in general !!!

Chintan