cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error text in BAPI conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement where A bapi's response should be in the language of the called party. I found that BAPI's response is always in english. I need to convert this response message into the calling language. I found a BAPI which converts the response codes/ texts into the required language.

My initial solution was to use BPM and call the conversion BAPI with the response from the 1st BAPI and then send this converted response to the Calling( sender) system. Could anybody give me the BPM steps needed to acheive this , or is there a better way to achieve it without using BPM and the 2nd BAPI ?

Basically i would liek to know how to call two BAPIs in sequence with the response of the first BAPI used as request of the second BAPI and the response of the second BAPI is sent to the Sender System .

Thanks a lot

sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have a requirement where A bapi's response should be in the language of the called party. I found that BAPI's response is always in english.

Even if you logon using different language then EN?

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub ,

The sending system is a legacy system and is only in english. I guess I have to call the BAPI only in english , isn't it ? Is there a Parameter in BAPIS where you can select the language as well ?

Cheers

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Jakub ,

>

> The sending system is a legacy system and is only in english. I guess I have to call the BAPI only in english , isn't it ?

You ask me?

>Is there a Parameter in BAPIS where you can select the language as well ?

Rather not but in RFCReceiver CC you can specify the language.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jakub ,

I am not asking how the legacy system should call , sorry for the misunderstanding , As far as i know u can only call BAPIs from XI in english.

Ya maybe you can select the language in the communication channel login parameters , but if there are 15 languages in which the legacy system expects a response then i can't create 15 different communication channels for that.

Cheers

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case I would rather create simple RFM that has the same input/output parameters as BAPI and just inside this FM call these two BAPIs

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub

I am not an expert with ABAP cooding , Could you please show me how this could be achieved using a RFM please .

Thnaks a million

Sudheer

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) copy main BAPI1 into sth like ZBAPI1 (tcode: se37)

2) remove all coding

3) use pattern to call BAPI1 in ZBAPI1

4) manipulate output of BAPI1 by calling additional BAPI2

5) import ZBAPI1 into IR

Regards,

Jakub