cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to maintain HTTP Destinations for Adaptive WebService in Netweaver 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am working with adaptive webservices. i hv created HTTP Destinations for Webservices on server. In Netweaver 04s i used to write code as follows

wdContext.currentNodeTest.modelObject()._setHTTPDestinationName("DESTINATION_NAME");

just b4 executing modelObject.

But in Netweaver 7.1 , no method _setHTTPDestinationName available for wdContext.currentNodeTest.modelObject() . I want to change host for wsdl , as my production and development servers are different. How can i use HTTP Destinations in Netweaver 7.1?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 7.1 you can maintain HTTP destinations through the Netweaver Administrator (NWA) application. Log in to NWA->SOA Management->Destination Templates. There you can create HTTP destinations.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating logical destination through NWA->SOA Management->Destination Templates i hv to give complate url of my wsdl file or just host n port name for URL input field??? And how to use this logical destination in my web dynpro application for webservice models???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should create 2 destinations: 1 for metadata & the other for execution. For metadata, the type should be WSIL & the URL should be of the form

http://host:port/inspection.wsil. For execution it should of type WSDL & the URL should be the entire URL of the WSDL file.

While creating the AWS model haven't you specified two destinations? The new destinations that you create should have the same names as the ones mentioned during design time.

Or are you using service groups?

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i ddnt used destinations. i used other option of "No logical destination-use WSDL URL for metada retrieval and webservice execution". Can i create n use logical destinations now for earlier created ADW models using No logical destination options?? Also i would like to know there are two logical destinations while creating ADW , 1.Default Matadata Destination and 2. Default Execution Destination. How to specify 2 different destinations in destination template while creating logical destinations??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kavita,

you have to create the model with logical destination option if u want to configure your webservice in visual admin.you can give the same name for both Default Metadata and Default Execution.while creating the destination name in Dynamic proxies u can create the dynamic proxy with the same name which u have given for Default Metadata and Default Execution.

Regards,

Saleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hv followed steps given by u. Still i have one doubt, while creating AWS i specified logical destination then next , next window shows URL for WSDL file and optional input fields for login id and password. i entered there WSDL file URL of my developent server. But when i move to production server should i again reimport model and change WSDL URL of development server to production server ??? or i have to only create logical destinations with same name on production server???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

You just have to create the Logical destination , the user id and password you gave was to import the wsdl, the web service model in 2004s is entirely based on the RFC model concept.

Only for import of BAPI we give uid/pwd and then when we move the code to prod we just create the Destinations

I hope this solves ur concerns

Regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnnx. I will try your solution while moving to production n revert back to u.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Are you creating adaptive webservice model, if so then you just need to import webservice model once in your code and when you deploy your application you must define two logical destinations in visual admin.

DEFAULT_WS_METADATA_DEST

DEFAULT_WS_EXECUTION_DEST

How to define logical destinations, check out following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b2bc0932-0d01-0010-6d8e-cff1b2f2...

if you are running application in your development or production server just define these destinations and your application will run smoothly.

Regards,

Jawed Ali