cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new in XI. I was trying to send the IDOC data into mail using mail adapter. I have imported the CREMAS04 idoc in IR. Made data type messege type , messege interfaces, messege mapping , and interface mapping. I gave created SC , Technical system, Busines system, Business group, , and in ID I have imported the Business system, made a Communication channel. In communication channel i have mede the following entries as

Adapter type = Mail

Transport protocol SMTP.

Messege Protocol: XIALL

Adapter Engine:Integration server.

Url: www.gmail.com

UID:complete email address

password

Mail attributes:

UID: complete email address

Receiver : some address

Adapter Status: active.

Now I donnow, what other settings are required to be done so as to send the email. Nothing else has been done in ID. I donno actually wether at all I need to go for the other components of ID.

I will Trigger the Idoc from r3 using we19. I want to see wether I get a mail in my gmail account based on the entries, in the idoc .

I have gone through a lot of documents in SDN, but cant find any complete integration document.

I dont understand what all settings i have to do so as to configure SMTP or IMAP4 access to your mail server.

In 1 document it said

" To access the

mail server, enter the following URL:"...I really donno what it means!!

smtp://YourServer or imap://YourServer/YourInbox.

Experts,

Pls help.

Arnab.

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Aug 26, 2008 12:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is scenario IDoc to File:

You could do your scenario like this (with a message mapping instead) and a Mail Adapter.

The configuration of the Mail Adapter is described here:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Answers (0)