SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Consistency Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

i would like to prevent the system reducing budget by more than what is avail eg. Orig Bdg Exp Avail

2000 500 1500

In this example you should not be able to reduce/transfer more than 1500 but system allows you to transfer 2000 yet there is already expenditure. this is for 4.7 former budgeting not BCS. the standard system when consistency check is activated seems to allow the above scenario but it should not be the case that you can reduce/transfer more than what is available.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Former Budgeting, you will need to be very carefull with your budget structure. For example, if you have FC hierarchy and CI hierarchy as below:

FC1

CI1

I

CI11

A budget structure could be like FC1/CI11 + FC1/CI1. Say, you put budget amount $2000 at the child node FC1/CI11 and additional $1000 at the parent node FC1/CI1. When the available budget at the child node is $1500 and somebody posts $1600 commitment to that node, AVC will check and find there is $100 shortage and it will automaticlly clime up to the parent node to grab that $100. That is why you don't get the error. With BCS, I think they eliminated this behavior.

So, if you still want to sick with former budgeting, you probably want to review your budget structure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the same problem in Former budget in 6.0 version.

Can somebody write what to do?

V

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Former Budgeting, you will need to be very carefull with your budget structure. For example, if you have FC hierarchy and CI hierarchy as below:

FC1

CI1

I

CI11

A budget structure could be like FC1/CI11 + FC1/CI1. Say, you put budget amount $2000 at the child node FC1/CI11 and additional $1000 at the parent node FC1/CI1. When the available budget at the child node is $1500 and somebody posts $1600 commitment to that node, AVC will check and find there is $100 shortage and it will automaticlly clime up to the parent node to grab that $100. That is why you don't get the error. With BCS, I think they eliminated this behavior.

So, if you still want to sick with former budgeting, you probably want to review your budget structure.