cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to work with DCs while new SP is applying?

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SDN!

I have open activities for CRM DC's because I modify CRM ISA. We need to apply new SP for CRM (i.e. import CRM SCs into track). This SP will update all SCs (so, and all DCs too). Can I modify files in current activities and open new activities while import performs? Please note that I won't check-out activities during apply patch.

Regards, Lev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you can modify your DC in current activity and you also can create a new one.

For current activity there is no problem....

fBut as you said you won't check-out activities during apply patch.?

i not understand it well, you want to say check out DC, or check in activity

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

Well, try to say more clearly...

There're opened activities for DC crm/isa/web/b2b (this DC included in SC SAP_SHRWEB).

We need to apply patch for CRM i.e. upload new versions of SCs, including new version of SC SAP_SHRWEB

I asked you should I check-in all my activities for crm/isa/web/b2b before import SCs or I can continiue work with this DC. OK, you give me an answer about it.

About check-out... I mean that I don't plan no ANY check-out during applying. Only checks-in for new activities will be.

By the way, will it be any version conflicts after applying patch for DCs with opened activities? And if yes what I should to do?

Regards, Lev

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are working on custom DC right?

Then no problem, as applied SP is not going to have any effect on it

Dont do any check-in while applying the patch. after applying the patch when your NWDI comes at stable stage, check in your activities. you can continue your work of editing already checked out DC, as it is a local project, and activity is in opened state. so patch process has no effect on them

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My God!! I've made a mistake - every time when I wrote "check-in", I meant "check-out" and vice versa It's so silly...

Please sorry.

I've read your posts about check-outs and as I understand I can work with DCs, but can't create new check-outs during applying patch.

Thank you for help.

Regards, Lev

Edited by: Lev Kulaev on Aug 28, 2008 12:21 PM

Erase needless question

Answers (0)