cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC - connection to Oracle 10.2.0.2 (ECC6.0)

falk_hauke
0 Kudos

Hello, I could do with your help in the following matter:

First of all - yes, I read note 581312 - Oracle database: licensing restrictions and I am aware of it as we bought especially non-SAP-bundled Oracle licenses for this case.

Here comes the problem:

We established an (read-only) ODBC-connection to SAP 4.7 (unicode), Oracle 10.2.0.2 without any problems, I can read any table from the DB. Now we want to move to ECC6.0 on the same Oracle version, but when I try to link the tables in MS-Access via ODBC, the last table (in alphabetic order) I can see is SAPSR3_EDEREGSCENDATEX. I tried Oracle-clients with ODBC-driver 10.2.0.2 and 11.01.00.06 with the same result. Only the Microsoft ODBC-driver for Oracle showed a few tables (maybe 50) more.

What could be the reason for this behavior? The increased amount of tables? Is there any setting to adjust in order to access all tables again?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Falk Hauke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you solve your problem ? because I just upgarde a customer system to ECC 6.0 and he knows the same problem.

I'll be very intersting bytthe solution if it exists.

Best regards

Gérard beaugeard

EDS an HP company

France

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hauke,

Could you advise the procedure you used for connecting ECC 6 direct database (Oracle) as i have been looking for an answer for quite sometime as i have been advised that it is not possible to connect to Oracle database directly.

regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Technically, it is possible to connect to the database running under ECC6, but not recommend. Instead, use BAPI or RFC to read the required data on the system

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for the advise, do advise i want to make connection using ACL and read tables directly into it for further analysis.How can i do using RFC.

If i can't do it using RFC then do you know the method connecting using ODBC to oracle database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to install "Oracle instant client" at the client side. Then, configure tnsnames.ora and the other required configurations. After that you will be able to connect to the remote database and read the data directly.

Check the document, below;

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B16341_01/doc/server.102/b14196/network005.htm

On the other hand, you can develop a simple program that calls an RFC function module and read the required tables, at the SAP application server level. You can find the document, below;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/en/0c/c59f7cd9648f408fe4943fc9dab264/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik