cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum number of line items we can enter in an order...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone explain what is the max number of line items that v can enter in an order....

or if i want to increase the number of line items than the max where it is controlled.

Because my mm counter part is facing this in the PO he could make only 9999,the problem is when posting...the accounting document is not getting generated bcas of exceeding the limit.

venugopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe in standard SAP it is 999, but I don't think the line items more than 200 to 250 are common in standard busienss scenario.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are true it is not common in business...

9999 is the max limit,i just want to know where it is controlled.

Thx

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is controlled in the Table VBAP & Field POSNR.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is my personal experiance that we can enter at the most 499 line items in SALES ORDER.

This is because for every line item there will be 2 financial entries, debit and credit. and 1 FI document can have at the most 999 line items (which we can not increase without KEY fromSAP)

If we divide 999 by 2 then it comes to 499.50 so you can enter at the most 499 line items in Sales order.

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to solve this issue, you can do it by FI summarisation. For this u can use t code OBCY and take ref procedure VBRK. Here you can use BSEG Table and MATNR Field, so that accounting document will get summarised.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For lines and FI document, see OSS note :

36353 FICO interface Summarization of FI documents - Max 999 lines

Regards,

Lionel