cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change transport request number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to import a transport request created in an isolated test system into our DEV system. Usually, this can be done by copying the cofile and datafile of the transport into the transport directory and adding the request to the import queue. But, this transport was created under a number which already exists in our DEV system, and adding it into the queue only adds the old request.

Can anyone tell me how to change the request number?

Thanks,

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hello,

I've tried renaming the cofile and datafile and adding the request to the import queue, but this gives a bit of a messy result. I still see the old transport in the import queue, but the import seems to import the new one.

Anyway, we've given up on this and decided to do the modifications manually on our DEV system.

Thanks everyone for taking an interest.

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try the following.

You can import the new TR with the following steps.

1.Rename the old data and cofiles to some other name.

2.copy the new data and cofiles to the location.

3.Add the request to the buffer.

4.Import it using the option "ignore the TR has been imported already".

Regards

Nagaraja Kadari

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option that I would try would be to rename the old data and cofiles to something or move to a temporary directory. Then move the data/cofiles of the TR that you want to import and give it a try.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better copy old transport Request to new transport request like this.

Use tcode se10 --> Choose transport copies --> select old TR --> give your new one TR and execute it.

Now you can see and import into it.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete the request from the queue and add it again.

Regards

Ashok

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know you can't, thats the problem on having systems with the same SID. create a new transport on the source system.

Regards

Juan