Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availiility check without RLT

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the system always confirms stock in sales order when availibility check is with RLT since it assumes it will have stock at the end of RLT

what happnens when availibility check is done without RLT in sales order. does it confirms stock in sales order. if yes then how it confirms.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If availability check is done without replenishment time, then system will not confirm the schedule lines. When saving the order, it wil trigger a message "item xx has no confirmed scheduled lines".

When the MRP runs & when stock is updated in the plant, then it should trigger the availability check. Usually in real time this availability check is triggered automatically. So once the GR is done in the plant storage loc, that triggers availability check. There is also a chance that the MRP team does the availability check manually running a report or a customized prog

Only then the schedule lines are confirmed & system proposes the confirmed delivery date.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

thanks for your reply. My confusion is when availibility check is without RLt and stock is not confirmed in sales order, do the system in this case transfers the requirement to MRP for producing the material and does this sales order (no confirmed schedule line) appear in MD04 with the qty to be produced.

regards

sachin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sachin

If you have checked the box for the field Check without RLT and stock is not available, then when you create sale order, the order quantity will not be confirmed immediately. As and when stock is made available, you have to do availability check manaully for that sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the stock is available system will cofirm the availability. Otherwise, you need recofirm the order once the stock is updated. You can do this using rescheduling or back order processing.

If you want the system to check the replenishment lead time, you should make sure that you have entered a value in at least one of the following three fields in the material master:

GR (goods receipt) processing time (Purchasing view)

Planned delivery time (MRP I view)

GR processing time (MRP II view)

Otherwise, the system confirms every requirement.

Edited by: STUDENT on Aug 26, 2008 2:07 PM

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for ur reply to my previous question on Availibility check without RLT. can u pls answer the follwoing.

I have a scenario where i make a sales order for 100 pcs on 23.8.08. the delivery date to customer is 01.09.08 and the material availibity date calculated by system is 28.8.08(01.09.08 less transit time less pick pack time).

when the system does the availibilty check for the material on 23.08.8, it found no stock. yet my system confirms the schedule line for delivery date of 01.09.08.( obviously it is becasue availibility check includes RLT). what is the relevance of the scope of ATP check, i.e. opening stock, incoming purchases and outgoing sales orders. what happens when we check incoming PO and outgoing sales orders in scope of atp check. if my opening stock is 50 pcs and incmoing stock is 60 pcs and outgoing sales order (excluding this one i have used as an example) is 10 pcs, i think 100 pcs of my sales order can be confimred. if this is so, what is the point of having a check with RLT, since the system uses the above incoming PO+outgoing SO for atp check

is there any connection between checking the incoming PO and GR processing time in material master ?

i think the stock which gets confirmed in sales order, the stock is locked for that sales order. and if a new sales order is made, then the availabl qty for this new sales orders gets reduced beaucse there is a check in atp for the outgoing sales orders. ami i right ??

even if the required stock is already available in plant and the the schedule line is confirmed in sales order, do the sales order is being shown in MD04 or the sales order is shown in MD04 only for those quantities which requires production

how the information is transferred to production department that material should be ready by 28.08.08.( material availibity date). what if the production department is not able to produce the material by 28.08.08

when the production manufactures the material, how it is attached to the sales order

what is the point of doing availibity check in deliveries.

regards

sachin