cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Island Integration for WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any documentation / link where I can get information on flash island integration for wd abap?

Regards,

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Some other information you might find interest are the exercise guides for the SDN Mentors' Day Hands-On. Not all the materials are created yet. Right now you can download Exercise 3, which shows the process for using FlashIslands from the WDA side (as well as Drag and Drop). Later the other sessions will be there as well - which will cover Service Classes and OO, the Flash Island from the Adobe Side (how to create the Flex Component in Flex Builder for use in WDA), and finally Floorplan Manager.

http://code.google.com/p/sdn-mentor-handson-2008/downloads/list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thanks for posting the link to the exercises. I am trying to go through exercise 2 but get stuck on the last page where to add the WDIslandLibrary.swc to the libs folder. Could you give me a hint where to find this file. Also when I import IslandsImageCoverFlow.zip into the flex builder I get the error:

unable to open c:\....\WDIslandLibrary.swc

regards

Stefan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The SWC file can be found in the ABAP MIME Repository under SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw7/FlashIslands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can only find FlashIslandLibImpl.swf and FlashIslandLibImpl-debug.swf over there. Maybe the SWC file is missing in the NSP system?

regards

Stefan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not running the NSP SDN Preview, but based upon what you said I would have to guess that it is not Support Package 2 yet. The SWC library was shipped via the MIME repository in SP2 for EnhP1. I will have to check with some colleagues to see if there would be any legal or technical reasons why we couldn't just post the library somewhere on SDN directly for use with the Sneak Preview installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NSP SDN Preview is on Support Package 0 and I have no opportunity of downloading Package 2. So if the SWC could be posted somewhere else in SDN would be great. Thanks for your help.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that we won't be posting the SWC file on SDN. The decision is that if you want to develop your own Islands you must enter the offical Ramp-Up. The library will be included in the place mentioned as part of SP2, so once the product is generally available customers and partners will be able to create custom components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an interesting document about generell information about Flash Island here on SDN: [Integration of Adobe Flash Island for Web Dynpro ABAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307b434f-ff32-2b10-e885-991247270480|Flash Island]

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The same is true for How-To Guides, eLearning, and Code Samples. We have all of those things prepared but they will not be made public on SDN until the availability of EnhP1. For now you can get first access to hands-on experience with Flash Islands primarily via TechEd. We will have COMP274 and COMP277 that teach this functionality. It will also be an exerices in the SDN Community Day Mentors' Hands-On Sessions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the documentation for Adobe Flash Islands integration is not publicly availiable yet. It will be published on the help portal with EhP1.

Regards, Heidi