Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on EVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an EVS element in my app.

When I enter a wrong input, I get an error msg saying this input can not be found. So far so good.

On the same page I also have a button with which I want to clear this text input field (if an error message is returned). Unfortunately every time I press a button, no matter what button, I always

get the same error message and I cannot clear the contents of the text input field. The only way to clear this field is to do it manually (delete button on the keyboard). Furthermore, no action I assign to my button seems to trigger an event as long as the input field is not cleared manually.

My assumption is that I need to clear the returned message on the context, but how do I do that if none of my buttons seems to work.???

Thanks

yuval peery

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the Actions tab and Uncheck the validation

RightClick->Edit

Make this button Non Validating... This will make sure that the validations are not done when this button is clicked.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayyapparaj

This does not solve my problem as the button does not raise any event, so I think, when the error message generated by EVS is displayed.

Regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried this with atleast one button?

Ex: Clear and in the action handler clear the textbox.

Normally all buttons which have an event handler by default are validating...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayyapparaj

hi

The problem lies with the attribute 'state'. If it is set to 'required'

then the text input element goes to the backend to check if the value added can be found in the db. Once I changed the attribute to 'normal', then validation is done when one of the buttons I use is pressed.

regards

yuval

Answers (0)