cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scrap

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done 551 in IM and as it is connected to 551(WM)

system has posted the negative quant in the ineterim storage type 999

now question is in IM stock has been reduced already

and stock accont is credit and scrap account is debit.

but how to remove the negative quant from storage type 999

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Although you can clear the stock through LI21 this is not what that wa designed for. Because this is scrap then the stock exists physically and so you need a mechanism to pick it and scrap it so movement type 551 should create a TR and then a TO can be created and used to pick the stock.

Once you have disposed of the scrap then confirm the TO and the stock in 999 will dissappear.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Frenchy

i strongly assist your opinion and i also fell the same way.

as if in case you are going to scrap via movement type 551 system will create a material document and ther by debits the scrap account and credits the inventory account and creating a negative quant in the 999

but in case if i am doing the LI21 for removal of the negative quant from 999 then system agian creates a material document and which is not at all desired as this has been already genrated.

confirm it

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You shouldn't use LI21 for scrapping, this makes no sense.

Set TR creation for mvt 551 in SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Movement Types. In this case, if you scrap goods in IM, a TR will be generated and processing it your goods will be moved from normal storage bin to 999 SCRAP.

So, follow Frenchy's suggetion and forget LI21 that makes no sense.

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 27, 2008 8:25 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

with reference to the Thread on scrap from QI i came to know how to balance the negative quant in storage type 999

but if i look at the standard settings then NO TR and NO TO setting has been done for movement type 551 (wm)

so do you think there is a requirement of doing this setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you will have a look at the standard SAP setting for 551 movement type in WH number 001.

Then 551 IM mov type is linked to 551 WM mov type.

In definition of 551 WM movement type,the destination storage type is 999.

So the system has taken the negative quant in 999.

To clear that you can carry out clear difference transaction through tcode LI21.