cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of invalidate ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Invalidate method of the context nodes...

thanks,

Arjun.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The invalidate method id is used to refresh the node,that is to clear the contents(data binded) of the node

Regards

Tamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Calling invalidate on a context node causes its supply function (if defined) to be called.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tamil,

thanks 4 ur reply....can i invalidate a subnode from the method of root node or the parent node...

can u xplain me xactly what is done when i am invalidating,is the node refreshed or data bound is removed..

thanks,

Arjun.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Values of the node elements are invalidated....

Regards

Tamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

In what scenarios we can use invalidate node method..an simple eg would be more useful..

Thanks.

Arjun.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

If you know the reason why clear and refresh are used in normal abap (for internal table and variables) and in which scenarios you require to use them .Then you can easily relate those cases with webdynpro abap.

Now take an example that you have a acreen where you are entering some data to input fields .In some case you want that after navigation is performed from this page or to this page what ever the data user entered previously should get erased.(as almost the similar concept for clear and refresh).So in this case use can use invalidate method for the correspondin node whose attributes are bound with the input fields.

Hope this will help you understand the concept.

If any query feel free to ask

regards

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to refresh a context node...i.e if you want to delete the data which was stored previously in the context node,then you call this method to refresh.