budget exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am posting in FI with wbs,the system gives me the following error message:

Item 001 WBS element ******** budget exceeded

Message no. BP604

Diagnosis

In document item 001 WBS element ***, budget for WBS element *******for fiscal year 2008 was exceeded by 320.00 CNY.

but there is stilll enought available budget in wbs(48,200.00 CNY), i confirm in report S_ALR_87013558 the budget is 48200 cny,the actual cost and commitment is zero ; the system should not issue error message, I am so confused!

Regards in advance.

thanks.

Edited by: junzhi wang on Aug 26, 2008 8:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junzhi,

We got the same problem few days ago, and a very helpful solution was located in the Sap Note: 178837.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the budget profile in that remove the tick for total values, tick to annual values.

check the time frame also.

ok then u assign ur budget in current year, then do FI posting through FB50, u will not get any budget exceeded message untill the budget limits the given tolerance limit.

ok try this & let me know.

Regards,

ANSAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Chekc for the tolerance limit

SPRO > Project System > Costs > Budget > Define tolerence limit

check out the settings in tolerance limits if ur amount exceeding the usage percentage of Budget then system will show this error.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply;

the tolerance is 120% with error message.

but when i posting the amount is 320 cny the available budget is 48200 cny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Go to OPS9 In the Budget profile which u assigned to ur project, Check for Availabilty control parameters over there Overall Paramaters should be ticked. If not then make it selected.And reconstruct availabilty control thru CJBN then try out ur posting

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

i found that the overall is not ticked;what's the effort??

should it be ticked???

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shuld be ticked significance budget check is done for the overall values of the budget.after doing the change u run a transaction CJBN to reconstruct the availabilty control.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Availability control against overall value

Indicator which controls whether availability checks are conducted against the overall value or against annual ones.

Use

In the project budget profile, the "Overall" indicator, used in conjunction with the "Releases" indicator, has the following effect:

Ind. 'Overall' Ind. 'Releases' Avail. control against ...

X - Overall budget

- - Annual budget

X X Overall budget released

- X Annual budget released

X = Indicator is set, in other words, checkbox was checked.

if Ind. 'Overall' Ind. 'Releases' are both not ticked,it's Annual budget ;we have done the Annual budget and Overall budget already.and some WBS with the same budget profile have no problem when posting.