cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap sd set profit center as mandatory field in va01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's

here to set profit center field as mandatory in va01 i know the configuration in SD.

but this profit center field in va01 by default triggering one dummy profit center automatically.

i already set the configuration but not working bcoz of this dummy profit center.

provide the solution as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U can use Incompletion Log else transaction variant for the same.

Goto Tcode:SHDO -

> Transaction Code=VA01->Transaction Variant=bus2032>click with processing ikon on the top -

> search for the field PRCTR (profit center)-> make it requred field

hope this helps u

regards,

Arun prasad C R

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad

Go to OVA2, block Sales - Item and double click on Procedures. There select Standard Item and click on Fields. There maintain the following:-

Table::::Fld name::::::Description::::::::Screen:::Status

VBAP::::::PRCTR::::::::Profit Center::::::::PKNT:::::00

Now without Profit Center, you cannot save the sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear lakshmipathi,

i already set like what you have explained, but in my company in va01 profit center field bydefault triggering the dummy profit center.

so after setting like you have explained not considering as mandatory because of this dummy profit center.

example in va01 automatically profit center field is (IBM_DUMMY).

so i think to set this as mandatory field. first this should be empty..

best regards

prasad.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad

As you would be aware, Profit Center is proposed in sale order based on what you have maintained in Material Master. If a dummy profit center is maintained there, then that only will flow in your sale order also. So please check your material master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

ya i checked the material master, dummy profit center is assaigned,

how to delete the assaignement,, Bcoz profit center field should be empty before i set it as mandatory.

kindly provide me the detail procedure to delete the assaignment of dummy profit center in material master.

Thanks & Regards

Prasad.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad

Go to material master (T.Code MM02), input the material code and select the following views

- Sales: General/Plant and

- Plant data / stor.2

In both the above views, you can see the field Profit Center. Change the required Profit Center in both the above fields and then create a sale order. Now you can see in the newly created sale order, the new profit center flows.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi