cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter Security Table - Enter Correct FirefightID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to enter the password for the firefighter in the security window, I get the message:

Enter Correct FirefightID

This happens even when I select the ID from the dropdown box. Then no details are kept, and it's not possible to use the ID as a firefighter. This happens for all IDs...

Anyone have any idea why that is?

This is on 4.6C, the latest SP installed for GRC 5.2

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In configuration have you mixed up your FireFighter IDs with your Firefighters?

Do all of you Firefighter IDs and Firefighters have the the correct Role/Profile to access the FF application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your input. Since I can select the firefighter ID from the drop-down, it should be the correct one.

I found that if I pressed save after entering the details, it failed, but if I just backed out and pressed yes when prompted to save, it worked

Very odd!! Have set this up previously and have never encountered this error

/henrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

code error, it is looking for ffid which is not passed on and checking usr02.

do one thing , don't hit save , enter the ffid and password and press enter and then hit back back two times and then it will prompt to save .. say yes .. -pls add points ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

navdeep, sorry, but I might be understanding the meaning of the point system here, but you asking for points by reiterating the solution I found myself and put in my posting for others to see, seems a bit strange to me...

user exists in usr02 as well as a firefighter, so the only thing you brought to the thread is "code error".

So, sorry, no point from the Danish Jury (bad joke from Eurovision Song Contest)

Have a great day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrik,

I was also watching this thread, I have also checked your previous posts on this thread, you did not mentioned this solution previously but you have edited your post after Navdeep's reply.

don't get it wrong, giving points is not mandatory, if you feel like not giving then don't, it's not $$s but just to appreaciate people who come to see your problem and help you in the best way without any reasons.

Also Navdeep, I would just suggest not to ask for points as per the forum guidelines.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

sorry, but you were not watching closely enough then... At no point was my post edited!

I spend a fair bit of my time helping out other people, but I'm still new on this forum, so it's not like I don't appreciate it when people take time to help me... I just disagree with asking for points for nothing, that's all.

Sorry about the rant, I just don't want people accusing me of things that are not correct.

Enough of this though! I wish all of you a very good weekend!

/henrik

Edited just to test it edit functionality...

Edited by: Henrik C. Madsen on Aug 29, 2008 8:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's good to hear that you are here to contribute and help others as well, and finally you tested the editing feature too

Welcome to the Rants free GRC community

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti