cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR3 installation on solaris10 - unable to open file error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I am installing Netweaver 7.0 system BI, ECC ,Portal on solaris 10 and oracle 10g database. I am using SR3 installation Master for solaris sparc 64. During installation i come across errors such as 'Error : SP2-0310 unable to open ora_query3_tmp1_1.sql" .When i check in the 'sapinst' directory i see that this file has only read permssions. When i change the permission to full and rerun sapinst, again the same error appears. When i check the permission for this file, it is again in read only mode.

What is happening is, sapinst creates this file with rw-rr permission each and every time i run sapinst. i set the umask of the root user from which iam running the install to '000', but still the same error. root user is part of sapinst group. i checked all possibilities but couldn't get rid of this error. Seems like a bug in SR3 for solaris.

Has anyone come across this error before. If so is there any fix for this.

Would award points for whoever come with solution to this.

Moses

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I remember I had the similar problem before in NW70 SR1 or SR2.

By modifying umask in sapinst script it may be solved.

Though sapinst itself is binary, sapinst -extract copies some related files in current directory.

you can find sapinst script here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoshimasa

Very helpfull answer. It solved my problem. Thanks very much. I have awarded you the hightest points.

Moses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moses,

That's really good to hear that you could solved your problem.

I hope you can finsh installation and configuration without any other problem.

regards,

Yoshi

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

How did you change umask in sapinst script? Which File i need to check and make the changes?

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

How did you change umask in sapinst script? Which File i need to check and make the changes?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can circumvent that problem if you don´t use "/tmp" as installation directory but a different directory. I always do a (as root)

mkdir /install
cd /install
<path-to-sapinst>/sapinst

This will also make things easier since you don´t have to step deeply into nested directory structures...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this note

Note 1052298 - Inst.NW 7.0 SR3/Business Suite 2005 SR3-UNIX

This is a latest note.

hope this helps.

Amit