cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy with Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know why this happens or where it is controlled? When I create a sales order using the Create with Reference button on the Initial Screen, my order uses the pricing procedure of the copied document. But when I create a sales order using the Create with Reference found in the Sales Document drop down menu on the order Overview Header screen, my order uses the pricing procedure assigned to the new order type. Is there somewhere I can make them both work the same way? Big points to anyone who knows this answer. Laurie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akasha, thank you. When I hear it explained this way it makes perfect sense. I guess it will have to be a training issue for my order entry staff. Thanks again. Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Laurie,

The explanation is as below

first when you copy from the reference order or quotation, the pricing is also copies from the reference document.

the settinngs that determine this are set in VTAA t code and the pricing option at item level there.

when you add a document from the second option of header and then reference, the system has already determined the

pricing procedure and it only adds the incremental items to the exisitng sales order

for the scenario described , i assume that you have different pricing procedures set for both the documents

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As I understand in the 1st method you are using VA01, & then create with reference. In that case the order is picking up the refence SO pricing proc.

How are you creating in the 2nd method? Can you pls explain whet do you mean by "But when I create a sales order using the Create with Reference found in the Sales Document drop down menu on the order Overview Header "?

Regards,

Sivanand