cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

We have an output type that is used for printing. I would like to use the same output type for faxing also.

I have made the necessary configuration change in customizing, but when I try to test it, I am receiving error message

"Express document update terminated"

When I run ST22 to see the ABAP dump there is nothing, but when I view my inbox I see an error message

"Error occurred while calling smart form"

Any thoughts???

thanks,

Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This could be because of the smart form associated with the output type. Check with your ABAP expert, he may be able to help you to sort this.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

As already mentioned, it is a problem with the program which is linked to the output.

Do the following.

1. Read the ST22 dump and find out where the error is coming.

2. Now trigger the output in Application 1 mode

3. Now process this in the program RSNAST00, in debugging mode after putting the break point in the report program where ST22 reports a dump.

4. While debugging in RSNAST00, it is possible to find out why the dump comes in that place.

Once you know the reason, you can solve it easily.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

We can use Single transmission medium for 2 requirements.For that we should code in the driver program assigned to the smart form for the output.I suggest you to give the requirement to your ABAPER to code in the program.You can use the logic of using 2 different Output devices for each requirement and you can control the same in the program like if Z001 is the output device print to the printer and if the Output device is Y001 then fax it.

This can be achieved.Have a look.

Regards,

Sree.Manam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This usually happens when you select 2 kinds of transmission for the same O/p.

Coz the O/p control prog has both the print prog & the smart form for the other kind of O/p.

Check with your ABAPer sothat you can create a spool. You can trigger the fax immediately after the O/p is triggered. Also if required the user can print the docs from the spool.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand