cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control - Quotation to Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to copy one quotation to another. As long as I create the 2 quotations for the same customer, all data is correctly copied from the first quotation. However, if I change the customer for the second quotation, it does not copy the item description correctly.

For eg: Item1 has the description 'Motherboard'. In quote1 the description of Item1 has been changed to 'Motherboard for Test'. When I create quote2 with quote1 as reference, then once I am inside quote2 I change the customer, it gives the messages Tax redetermined, new pricing is carried out, freight is redetermined. Once I say ok to all these information messages I notice that the item description has changed back to 'Motherboard'.

Could anyone please tell me if I am missing any necessary customizations.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rugmani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Coded the requirement using user exits.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The description is picked from the Material Master only. If you change the description in the MMR itself, then the system picks the same in all the cases. If your requirement is not to change the description in the MMR, then you have to use a userexit for not redetermining the Material description and to keep the same copied from the previous document.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add a few points - when I use the 'create with reference' option from the VA21 entry screen, it copies both header and item data from quote1 but when I change the customer within quote2, it loses the copied item data, instead it reads the material master to get the item data.

If I create a quote without giving a reference in the VA21 entry screen but use the 'create with reference' option inside quote2, it copies only the item data and retains it even if the customers in quote1 and quote2 differ.

My requirement is to retain the header and item data of quote1 in quote2 even if the customer is changed in quote2.

Is this possible? If yes, could anyone please suggest a method to do this?

Thanks,

Rugmani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rugmani,

Th header details are those associated with the customer like inco terms, payment terms etc

so when you change the cutsomer all the details are updated . this is standard sap system behaviour

for your request , it seems you want to modify the standard behaviour and retain the data of the old customer ,

which does not seem very logical to do , you may therfore reconsider to do this

thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akasha,

The details I want to retain after creating quote2 with reference to quote1 are:

Item details

Header text (header note, shipping instructions etc. - these are standard texts)

As I am changing the customer in quote2 I do not want any other information copied over from quote1.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Rugmani

Edited by: Rugmani Rajan on Aug 27, 2008 9:54 AM

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rugmani

In copy control VTAA In haeder check what copying reqt you have maintained.Use correct copying requirment.

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rugmani

There might be some Customer Material info records manitained in the system for the customers and hence the system changes the description for the second quotation

please check transaction code VD53 for the customers that you are trying and check if it is due to the reason

Thanks

Akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akasha,

I dont see customer material info records for any of our customers.

Thanks,

Rugmani

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since the system is redetermining, this might be reading the Material Master for the description of the material and determining it from the MMR replacing the description copied from the referenced quotation.

I doubt SP cannot be changed when the document is created with reference to another document. Which partner function is changed in the new quotation ...SP or SH?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SP is changed in quote2.

This is a common requirement for us, as we have several quotations for the same items and only one of them turns into a sales order. In these cases, we want the quotation item details to remain intact and change the header data according to the customer.

Thanks,

Rugmani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As long as you used the same customer and copied one quote to another, the system will copy the same details in the second quote. But when you change the customer in the second quote, it redetermines tax, text...etc, you mighjt have maintined customer material info record for the new customer and the item1, so the system would have copied the discription from the CMIR.

Prase