I am looking at logs in SLG1 for

Heuristic 'ZSHELFLIFE' started on 25.08.2008 at 02:20:12 o'clock

One of the messages is:

There are orders with unspecified characteristics for product 5862478

Details say:

There are orders with unspecified characteristics for product 5862478

Message no. /SAPAPO/RRP630

Diagnosis

You want to carry out planning for a product for which orders with characteristics exist. When analyzing the characteristics, the system detected that for one or more of the orders, certain characteristics have not been assigned values or have been assigned incomplete values. In other words, the characteristic has an initial value or an interval or multiple value assignment. However, there are also orders where these same characteristics have been assigned values. This combination of characteristics leads to assignment problems in planning which cannot be solved by the system (See also SAP Note 526883).

System Response

The system executes planning without taking any special measures in regard to this combination. Because of this particular combination of characteristics, shortages and surpluses may occur.

Procedure

Check the result of planning. Check the orders for characteristics without values and if necessary change the value assignments.

If characteristics that have not been defined occur often, and do not affect planning, you can exclude this message from the planning log in Customizing of Exception Groups for PP/DS.

========

Where do I find the "unspecified characteristics" for this product? is it in the product master or the orders???

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu, I found some characterstic value assignment in the stock overview of the product in MMBE transaction in R/3 under 'Batch classification' Please have a look at it, may be you get some clue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please get the Planning area used in heuristic ZSHELFLIFE.Then PA and product combination,you can use tcode /sapapo/IPM01 to find the charatertics..

harish_narayanan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you releasing Forecast with consumption mode and with characteristics ??

Are you creating Planned orders based on this?

if so check RRP3 for your product 5862478 (i dont know which location maybe SLG1 explains)

Check if the characterisitics on this is any different from the others. Check your user exits if there is a block on that characteristic