cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate BC sets in system that has a production client

0 Kudos

Configuring ChaRM in spro.

when I try to activate BC Sets I get an message:

"There is a production client in the system. SAP Change Request Management cannot be configured"

This is our production instance, and we have no dev or qa system, so we have no way of transporting in changes. The system is currently only used for Central User administration.

We plan to create a dev and qa system, but we need to get ChaRM up and running first.

Is there any way to get around this message?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you just change the client role in SCC4 to Dev?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and followed the steps stated above. I changed the Production client role to be Test, activated the BC Sets, and now am trying to change the Production client role back to Production. I am able to do that in SCC4, however in SMSY the client role still appears as Test. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. I guess it took some time for the changes to propagate throughout the system.

0 Kudos

we changed the system to test, activated the bc sets and set it back to production.

there were no problems.

0 Kudos

That is my thought also, I am just concerned that changing the client to Dev and then back may cause problems in CUA.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have not had any issues doing this in the past. I double-checked with my Security folks, and they said that worse case you'd have to re-add, your clients. But as I said, we've never lost clients in CUA changing the client status in scc4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Randy,

how did you wind up solving your issue? I am facing this same situation.

regards,

Jason