cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~DISCONNECTONCLOSE parameter........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this parameter still valid? I have it in the GUI link of my service in SICF but doesn't seem to disconnect the user when the broswer is closed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

For Each Service-Call I have one node in SM04.

Is there a way?

Also I have created a Web-Service:with Parameters:

~AUTOSCROLL 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~LISTSCROLLING 0

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TIMEOUT 60

~TRANSACTION ZTA

There is one template

<html>

<head>

`include (~service="bbpglobal", ~name="bbpfunctions.html")`

`include (~service="bbpglobal", ~name="WpIntegration.html" )`

`bbpformname = "BBPForm"`

`Stylesheet()`

<title>`~windowtitle`</title>

.. script language=... ~service="bbpglobal",

~language="",

~name="script/bbpscript.js")`"> ...

</head>

<body `BackgroundAttributes()`>

<form method="post" action="`wgateURL()`" name="BBPForm" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<input type="hidden" name="~OkCode" value="">

</body>

</html>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't do what I was hoping it would do.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

~disconnectonclose is still valid, though you shouldn't be setting it manually. It is be default on and only off when using the Portal. In the view source you can see <!-- No session management > when off (0) or <! Using ITSSM --> when on (default an 1).

What are you using to check if the session is still around? SM04?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm using it for SM04. We aren't using it for PORTAL. We used the online store before the integrated ITS and now are migrating what we had for the online store.

So I need the session's to disconnect when the user closes the browser.

Ok I see the <!-- Using ITSSM --> in my templates now and the session does close after I cleared out the cache, but now when it is on and I'm clicking through links it kills the session and makes it time out.

If your saying not to use it what would be the best way to not let those session hang around.

Edited by: VatHB on Aug 25, 2008 3:54 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VatHB,

I said that you don't need to specify the ~disconnectonclose because the default is ON (1). Not sure what is occurring to cause the timeout message, but the session should end when you click a different link, isn't this what we want? The ~disconnectonclose functionality ends the session when the browser windows is closed or if the URL is changed.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it isn't currently being set in my templates.

<!-- No session management --> is what is currently displayed in the templates.

Yeah your suppose to be disconnected when you click on a link that goes outside of the site but these are within the site using wgateURL's.

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, this isn't a solution to the problem, but a plea for help.

I posted a message about this some time ago and got no response. We still can not use ~disconnectonclose which is causing a huge problem with locked transactions and peoples accounts being logged in when they shouldn't be. If this parameter is set then as soon as the web page loads it disconnects.

I can't find any help about this topic, so if you do I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know what there is left to try.

By the way the ~disconnectonclose is working fine on our development system, but not test or live. We can't see any differences.

Can anyone from SAP help please?

Karen

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vat,

Did you find any solution for this problem? I am also facing the same problem.

I am using the parameter webtransactiontype EWT. Even I use DISCONNECTONCLOSE the ITS session is not logged out. I close the brower and start the service, it doesnt ask for login id/password.

I searched for OSS notes. Couldn't find any. Did you find any solution?

Regards,

Ravikanth

Edited by: Ravikanth Tunuguntla on Oct 8, 2008 8:57 AM

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I still haven't found a solution to this problem.

We asked SAP if we could get someone to come onsite for a few days consultancy to try and resolve this and a couple of other issues, but were told that they didn't have many people with ITS skills and couldn't find us someone. So for now, we are still unable to disconnect users.

If anyone else knows why we are getting this problem I'd be really greatful.

Thank you

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never found out how to use it properly. I was planning on using it for our "B2C" websites, but once they clicked a link it would log them out even if it was within the same site.

I'm just using timeout sessions to kick users off after inactivity.

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

So Vat you are using ~timeout parameter in all your services? Suppose we give ~timeout 60 it means if the user is idle for 60 seconds it will time out. Right?

I also plan to raise the logout issue with SAP.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the timeout parameter in SICF.

If you click your service, I'm setting the time out in the "Service Data" tab.

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vat.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I didn't end up using it because when I would click a link i would be disconnected.