cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI file adapter polling faster than poll interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a issue with the file adapter/authorization of the FTPUSER.

We FTP a server and pick up a file from a particular folder.

My polling interval is 2 minutes

My retry interval is space.

Processing mode : ARCHIVE

We are archiving it on a Network attached server(NAS) mounted on our XI server.

When XI polls for the first time it picks up the file but the sender file adapter shows following error in RWB.

<b>2006-01-20 11:31:08 GMT: Error: Deleting of file 'ARUCSjnewb80.txt' failed - cannot proceed: FTPEx: ARUCSjnewb80.txt: Access is denied.</b>

The picked up file gets processed but at the same time just within 12-13 seconds of the first poll XI picks up the file second time and then in another 3 seconds for the third time.

After this the file gets archived thrice in the archive directory and then gets deleted from the source directory.

We are unable to understand why XI is polling again after few seconds of the first poll.(As per my understanding it should have polled after 2 minutes).

I am able to delete the file manually from the Ftp server.

Could anyone give a pointer towards what we are missing or what probable reasons could be?

authorization issue?( XIADM /ftpuser have full authorization)

Some adapter setting?

Regards,

Sulakshana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shinde,

Error you are getting clearly pointing to Authorization issue with FTP.

Please get auth" for Delete mode as well or test your scenario with Test Mode.

Then see the behaviour of the polling interval.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you let me know how frequent the file gets loaded to the FTP server.

Is your file size too large to get loaded.. If so try to increase the polling interval. Also make sure that you have provided the polling time in sec and not in minutes...i.e for 2 minutes it should have been specified as 120 sec as polling interval

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first : "Access is denied. "

it is clearly mentinoing this error...first check if full authorisations are available on FTP ..

and try giving some time inetrval which is less than poll interval in Msecs to wait before modification check and see..

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I met the same problem...

Have your problem been solved?