cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUM without WM - how to pack outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using HUM with WM, but is considering using HUM without WM for a specific EDI scenario.

We want to start the flow with an SD order with individual PO. When we GR the PO to sales order stock, an inbound delivery is automatically created. This can be IM picked and packed, and a HU is created. Afterwards an outbound delivery is created with reference to the SO. This can be IM picked, but I can't get pack to work. The goods is in SO stock and should be able to find the HU like it happens when using HUM with WM. I can manually type in the HU and pack material into the outbound delivery, but still not pack it with the outbound delivery material. I also get error messages ( HUDIALOG 192 ) that says that WM picking should be used. This is obviously not possible, since the stock is not WM managed.

I have looked at VLMOVE and other HUM transactions to no avail.

Help is appreciated.

- Ole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the picking status in outbound delivery,If it is "relevant for WM " then you need to do the packing and create the TO .

WM cannot be bypassed,but you can do packing if the issuing sloc in outbound delivery is HU managed

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delivery header overall WM status (VBUK-LVSTK) is blank (=No WM trnsf ord reqd)

The overall picking status (VBUK-KOSTK) is A - relevant, not yet processed.

The item statuses are similar.

The HUM documentation mentions (very briefly) that it should be possible to use HUM without WM, but you seem to disagree ?

The clarify, the storage location in the delivery is set relevant to HUM but not to WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you need to do manual picking by entering the picking quantity in picking tab.

For packing goto packing screen and enter the packaging material and pack the material and see wat is the message u get after it

Former Member
0 Kudos

To enter a pick quantity like in normal IBM is not an issue. When I go to packing, nothing is defaulted - just like in normal IBM packing. Information message HUDIALOG017 "No handling units were found for this document" is issued.

If I input the HUD created by the inbound delivery, I get this message :

HUD SEZ01+101847 is in the warehouse. Assignment only possible through transf.order

Message no. HUDIALOG192

Diagnosis

Handling unit SEZ01+101847 contains stock information and is in a storage location that is managed by the Warehouse Management System. The assignment of this handling unit to an outbound delivery is only possible through a transfer order.

System Response

No assignment of this handling unit is possible here.

Procedure

Create a stock removal transfer order for this delivery and remove´handling unit SEZ01+101847 from storage.

No matter if I reuse this HUM or create a new one, is the sales order material in the lower half of the screen not selectable.

Edited by: Ole Elmose on Aug 26, 2008 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with packing station "HUPAST" and give the outbound delivery there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the proposal. I have tried with both types of packing profiles. However, I can't that I can do anything more than in VL02N : I can create a new HU, but still not pack it. I can not assign the existing HU ( from the inbound deleivery) to the outbound delivery - HUPAST does not allow me enetering it anywhere.

Answers (0)