cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load customers (and vendors) needing extra street address?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to use the recorder in LSMW to map the extra street addresses (e.g. street 3, 4, 5) but they do not show up when recording using trans XD01 - only one street to fill shows up. When running XD01 on line you have the option to click an icon and it expands the tab to also allow entry of these other street addresses.

Any one know how to get these to show for recording?

Do we need to do this using a BAPI? If so which BAPI?

Atre there other rmethods?

Thanks.

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer/vendor's street 3, 4, 5 is not part of the customer master data.

The extra street fields do belong to address management tables. In other words table ADRC.

For this reason, you have NO chance to succeed if you try to work with DEBMAS idocs & LSMW or XD99 !!

You may only succeed with processing ADR1MAS idoc type. With LSMW this should be possible.

As an other remark, there is NO BAPI or function module to maintain customer master data.

Starting with ERP 2005, you may investigate with class CMD_EI_API

Good luck

Alain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did it the easier way - loaded in all customers without the extra addresses, and then coded a program to read in the input file but to only "update" the customers that had the extra addresses (we updated them using a BDC approach). Fastest way to do it and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Scott,

I remember I had the same issue long ago with Vendor master. However using the central transaction to create the recording actually solved my issue.. wonder why it is not doing it in your case.. try VD01 and FD01 and see if you could populate the basic data, else you might also want to try creating teh vendors normally..But try XD02, XD04 and see if the additional fields appear.. you'd have to fiddle around recording to see if these TCodes suffice.. and then you can create the vendors firstand run the same for change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have other solution for u.

If u change streed address for multiple customer.

Go with MASS t-code.

Enter Mass t-code, Select object type KNA1.

Select Field tab and find the field of address which you want to change for customer master.

You can also change material master, vendor master with MASS.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.