cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Document Linking Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to link drawings JPG file to functional locations. The documents are stored in a password protected network directory. What Configuration settings do i need to make for SAP server to talk to the network server?

The user should only be able to view the file. No change history is required. Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Ajay Kotha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DC20, for data carrier type external DMS, define INTERNET as data carrier.

In DC30 check if htm work station application is defined.

In DMS CV01N store the check out the url path of password protected directory.

Use standard object linking for functional locations.

In functional location as the user clicks on the url it will ask for network login name and password that will take him to the required network location.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anirudh.

The network directory is on the INTRANET. So should i define the datacarrier as INTRANET? If this is the case then what workstation application should i be checking for?

Is it possible to use UNC(Universal naming convension) instead of Network address (for ex: o:
...).

I was planning to have one username and password for SAP to access the drive, so it is possible to specify a user name and password in Config so that the user doesnot have to enter it each time he links a document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define the data carrier as internet only. Since your requirement is just linking from PM - functional location, better to use htm work station application.

The UNC protocol will not be supported if you are using htm work station application. You may use ftp protocol as it is easy to connect for users and use with htm work station application.

Regarding password, please check with your network administrator he will be able to help you further.

Anirudh,

award if useful

Answers (0)