Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Restrict People Refering my Name while Registering to SDN

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am not interested in referral contributions. and some People ( I don't even know them) Without my knowledge they are Referring my name. Is there any Chance to Block them not to use my address.

I have one final solution that Hide my name. Apart form that is there any other way to handle that.

Today I noticed that there is one person registered using My name.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We limit the number of referrals per person anyway - I'd not give it much thought.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We limit the number of referrals per person anyway - I'd not give it much thought.

But i am not interested in any referrals, that too the people whom i don't know. Especially today some one referred my name. I am scared after checking that. I have no issues in spreading the word SDN. Is it possible to limit that in my case now itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way of "blocking" someone adding an email address, you have your reasons for not wanting it and I respect that but we've simply no way currently in place to prevent it and frankly a request for this feature would be at the very bottom of the list if accepted at all.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig .I think there is only one way that i can hide my address or change my address.

Thanks for sharing your views.

Best Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thanks Craig .I think there is only one way that i can hide my address or change my address.

Hi Vijay,

What you can do (which is what I have done) is to hide the address in the profile settings and in your business card use the "Additional Email Address" only to show a contact address, which is not the same address as your real one.

You can still receive watch mails and subscriptions from SAP, but if someone wants to contact you offline they still can via your business card. Or if they want to use you as a referal or whatever, they cannot do so with any direct SDN or company related implications.

Cheers,

Julius

PS:

> But i am not interested in any referrals, that too the people whom i don't know. Especially today some one referred my name.

Perhaps it is just the price you need to pay for being famous

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 25, 2008 8:30 PM

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will implement your suggestion , which is helpful.

>Perhaps it is just the price you need to pay for being famous

No Julius, I am just thinking in negative side , why will some one refer my name, if they don't know me.

if they know me, then they might already having a user and using SDN also, isn't it?

Greetings

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are being to negative, there are lots of reasons someone might use your email and not already be on SDN.

1) They read something you wrote

2) Your email signature might show something about SDN (mine does and many others do the same)

3) Perhaps you spoke at an event?

4) Someone within your company showed them SDN and some of your work

5) Someone in another company showed them your work on SDN

It's not an exact science but there really isn't anything wrong with it.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am totally accepted the points which you mentioned. I am convinced with your suggestions.

Thanks Craig for your valuable time.

All the Best for SAP TechEd @Vegas.

Greetings

Vijay

Answers (0)