Hi

How do I access the FPM for WDA?

Cheers

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FPM (Floorplan Manager) for Web Dynpro ABAP is a framework to configure UIs (user interfaces) based on

the OIF (Object Instance Floorplan) or the GAF (Guided Activity

Select the Web Dynpro Component ,Right Click ,in the Context menu you will find Create Configuration . Give the configuration name and in the application field give the Web Dynpro Component Name.Now Double click the application name you will find Start configuration in the Right hand side . Click that and continue the configuration.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Venkat.

Any ideas why this doesn't work in the trial 7.01 version?

Cheers

Ian

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for your reply Venkat.

>

> Any ideas why this doesn't work in the trial 7.01 version?

>

> Cheers

> Ian

General component configuration should working 7.01 trial. It works on my system. What kind of problem are getting? However it should have been noted to you earlier that component configuration is simply the tool used for Floorplan Configuration it doesn't automatically give you floorplan abilities for every Web Dynpro Component. The web dynpro application must be pointed to FPM_OIF_COMPONENT or FPM_GAF_COMPONENT.

You should study the examples in the packages APB_FPM_TEST and ABP_FPM_DEMO.

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Aug 25, 2008 1:45 PM

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I am getting a 500 error when attempting to create a configuration for my component.

I will take a look a the packaages you mentioned as these look very informative.

Many thanks

Ian

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

500 error - that sounds like an inactive service node. Since this is just a trial version, I would probably go ahead and in transaction SICF just activate everything. If you deactivate then reactivate the root node and choose all subordinate nodes - that will get everything at once.

Answers (0)