cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer carrier account numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a lot of customers with collect account numbers for UPS, FedEx and DHL.

how can I manage this in SAP?

As it is account number given by the customer I don't want to manage them as a partner function whereas this would mean that I have to create them as vendor.

Thanks for your help;

Best Regards

Isa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

All,

There is no standard solution for this in SAP. Obviously, you are using carriers for UPS, FedEx, etc. and assigning those to customers or orders. The trick is getting the customers UPS account # associated with the customer and carrier. I have done this 2 different ways with clients using standard functionality. The other option that is always available is a custom one with a Z-table and enhancements in the order/delivery. The 2 ways I have implemented are as follows:

1. In the customer Master "Partner Functions Tab". Here you have assigned the Carrier partner of UPS/FedEx, etc. There is a field to the right for "Partner Description". This is where I have added the account number. This way it is associated with the customer for that carrier. This will pull through on orders/deliveries. You will obviously have to update your interface to pull this value from the KNVP-KNREF field. There is one downside to this approach in that you cannot change the account number on the order. However, this account number should not change but if it does you can change the customer master.

2. This solution was suggested earlier in this thread. Create a new Vendor master for each Customer that has an 3rd party freight billing account. Assign the account number in a field of your choice (e.g. "Comments" field on the address screen). Then add that vendor to the customer master as a SEPERATE partner function (e.g. ZT). This way you will have the standard carrier partner UPS as the CR partner and the New (3rd party billing) vendor assigned to the ZT partner Function. The obvoius down side is that you end up creating a lot of vendors just to represent the account number. However, the upside is that you now have a seperate partner to represent the 3rd party freight billing. This way in your interface to the carrier systems you can key off of that partner as the trigger to pull the account number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Why would you assign carrier codes to the partner function of the sold to?

These carriers come into picture when a particular route has different stages & each stage is controlled by varoius forwarding agents.

In that case you need to define all of them as vendors in XK01. Then when you define the routes & stages, assign the carriers to each stage.

What is your business requirement? Basing on that the requirement config depends.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

Our business requirment is that in half of our shipment the customer pay the freight cost but we manage the transport.

We have an interface after the GI issue with different Carrier system (UPS WorldShip and FedEx ShipManager, DHL EasyShip). When it is the customer who pay the account to be use in the carrier system is the one of the customer, so we need to put this information in the interface so to manage it in SAP link to our customer.

I don't want to manage this account numbeer as a vendor, because in any case it is a vendor for my companny.

Thr route we manage are very simples and not dedicated to a customer, and I don't want to do this.

Do you have an idea.

Thanks

Regards

Isa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isa,

Did you find a solution for your problem storing the carrier account number?

If so, I'd be interested to here about it.

Thanks,

Annette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using shipments then create DHL, Fed ex as Forwarding Agents, i think its the easy way to manage

confirm me

regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If I understand you right, this would involve the creation of a vendor account for each customer having an account number with a specific carrier.

This does not seem reasonable to me... or am I mistaken?

Thanks,

Annette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curious how you decided to handle this.

We also find on 3rd party UPS billings that if the ship-to address doesn't belong to the account number that UPS charges us back, so we are looking to validate the ship-to address is associated with that UPS account.