cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WSDL in .NET Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to write a simple C# application using Visual Studio 2008 that accesses a web service in the ES Workplace at sdn.sap.com. (WSDL Porttype Name - CustomerERPSimpleByIDQueryResponse_In)

I have two problems:

1) Understanding which WSDL I should import into my project. Under the General Tab, there's a WSDL URL and there's a different WSDL on the Endpoints Tab. Why are there two WSDLs and what's the difference between them?

2) After importing EITHER WSDL into my project, neither one seems to create a proxy object that implements the correct method. Normally when I import a non-ES Workplace WSDL and instantiate the proxy object that was created, I can see the methods the web service provides.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you put the address of WSDL?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies... I should have included that in the original post.

Here's the one on the General Tab

http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_ECC_CUSTOMERERPSIMPLEBYIDQR/wsdl11/ws_policy/doc...

And on the Endpoints Tab

http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/ecc_customererpsimplebyidqr/version2?sap-client=80...

Why are there 2?

Thanks,

Wardell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't access to second link, because may S user is blocked, but have 2 version because the first is a normal WSDL and the second is a WSDL mode SAP, if you see, the second have wsdl:import sentences. Some proxy generators don't work with this format.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first WSDL has presented a error when i've tried to generate a proxy using Java Axis, only with SAP classes was possible.

The error was on Policy tags on wsdl.

Best regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

So does that mean then that the WSDL SAP uses for it's ESOA services can't be used to generate a proxy class in Microsoft's Visual Studio?

That seems a little odd consrdering MS and SAP are supposed to be good neighbors.

Wardell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't say about Visual Studio, but i know that tools like Axis for Java can't generated WSDL on sap mode directly.

I've seen some references to .NET with this same problem, but it is a old message.

Have a workaround to it:

Best regards