cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting RFC response structure in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a scanario like this,RFC>XI->file where i have to map RFC response to file.I have gone throungh some blogs for this.

I am using RFC sender adapter.

In my message mapping i have mapped RFC response to file structure and in my IM i have used RFC as sender interface.

Is it fine?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>In my message mapping i have mapped RFC response to file structure and in my IM i have used RFC as sender interface. Is it fine?

YES, This shld be fine.

Select the Response Structure Every where when ever u need the RFC Structure Instead of RFC Request Structure

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your quick responses.

I Missed one point.I have created OB interface which is having RFC response as message type.Hope it is fine.

I am wonder how do we get RFC response from R3.I am presuming that ABAP code will take care of it.

But anyway i want to know the process behind this.

Would you please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We shouldn't create any generic Structure for RFC, we have to use the standard RFC itself as Message Interface.No need to create extra.

When we trigger the RFC From SAP R/3, this will look for the RFC Satndard Interface which we used at the time of Interface determination and at the time of all Configuration.

By this the Interface will be Identified.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshagiri,

Would you please explain, What do you mean by standard RFC and no need to create extra?

In our XI configuratiin we have some RFC stsructure such as Req,Res and Fault msg.

Can u please explain?

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your scenario is RFC - XI - File it is not the RFC responce but it is async RFC call.

You call it RFC scenario when the scenario is

send sys --- XI ----File
                  | |
                 RFC

For a overview scenario of this scenario and structure creation have a look at my blog

>>I am wonder how do we get RFC response from R3

Both the Blogs that I replied has the sample ABAP code that is used to send the RFC message to XI.

You can use the imported RFC in both the Message Mapping and the Interface Mapping

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

standard RFC means in ECC system u can find predefined RFC which already present.. u can just import them in XI and use them, like BAPI_COMPANY_DETAIL. this will have both requset and response. mainly request and response is for only synchorounos scenarios.

hope this blog can help u unjderstanding the scenario.

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u hv to use the interface containing the response message as src interface.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>In my message mapping i have mapped RFC response to file structure and in my IM i have used RFC as sender interface. Is it fine?

Fine. It is not RFC response but it is a Async RFC call..

For more clarity have a look at this Blog By Shabarish Vijayakumar

By Shabarish Vijayakumar

Thanks

SaNv...