SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of having POSDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the advantage of having POSDM in BI 7.0.

Our's is retail client. They have SAP triversity POSGM, XI and BI (But not POSDM). Now i have to tell them the advantages of having the posdm. But first thing i dont have clarity why SAP has come up with POSDM .

They asked me to get the data from POS to XI and from XI to BI. But we have standard cubes and datasources (totals, controls) which are based on POSDM. But we dont have POSDM and cannot use them.

Can anyone just thro somelight on the topic and how we will save time by having POSDM

Hope i am clear

Regards

Annie

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted in the wrong forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

POSDM is a component of BI system and a POS Analytics Tool , it exist in BW Server itself , As per standard Integration of SAP ISR and SAP GM POS & XI , all the Sales and Inventory Data of all stores will come in XI and then XI will upload that data to POSDM , so in POSDM retailer can view each and every Transaction details of each store in HO itself , so POSDM improves decision making

at all levels by gathering facts and figures from your retail outlets and making them available throughout your enterprise .

Regards

Anjani Kr. Yadav