cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: combination of transport strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ChaRM-experts!

I plan to map the existing transport landscape into ChaRM scenario of SOLMAN and have the following questions:

1) Is it possible to combine ChaRM-functionality and still use the old transport settings (without ChaRM) for the same system landscape, letu2019s say:

DEV --> QAS --> VO1 (Without ChaRM and with virtual system)

DEV:101 --> QAS:101 --> PRD:101 (With SOLMAN ChaRM)

2) What will happen with existing transport, transport in pipeline by switching into ChaRM scenario?

3) Is there some restrictions for the implementation of ChaRM for SAP R/3 4.7 systems?

Thank you very much!

Holger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody tell me more about ChaRM? and where we can use in real time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

1) Is it possible to combine ChaRM-functionality and still use the old transport settings for the same system landscape, letu2019s say:

DEV --> QAS --> VO1 (Without ChaRM and with virtual system)

DEV:101 --> QAS:101 --> PRD:101 (With SOLMAN ChaRM)

For Charm we need the transport route to be client specific.Once you have done the client specific transport route,you cannot use the older Transport route.

2) What will happen with existing transport, transport in pipeline by switching into ChaRM scenario?

TPs created before charm will be moved manually(normal process),as they will not be captured under charm project.

3) Is there some restrictions for the implementation of ChaRM for SAP R/3 4.7 systems?

No.

Please revert for any clarifications,

Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

thank you very much for your response!

1) So I do not have any possibilities to mix old and new transport settings (with ChaRM).

What is e.g. with target group concept?

When I start to implement ChaRM and converted my transport settings to client specific can some one transport the requests without using of SOLMAN ChaRM?

2) When do the transports be moved, to the new transport routes? Can I release them after this? What is the best approach to start with ChaRM having old transports?

3) We have currently a very nice feature that all the imports will be twice a day (10 and 14 o'clock) automatically transported.

Does comparable feature exist within SOLMAN ChaRM?

4) Do you whether or not it is possible to switch a correction to urgent correction after creation and classifying of a change document to the normal correction?

Thank you very much!