cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Block field in Invoice Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is this Dunning Block field in the invoice header tab > Accounting Data sub tab.

Please let me know how this field value is controlled. i.e. it gets determined or it flows from some master data?

Any info on this dunning block field is welcome.

Thanks,

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Dunning is a procedure where in the seller reminds the payer reg the outstanding payment. Its like we send reminders to the payer that payment is due.

Dunning can be of various levels like initially sending reminder mails for 3 times. If no rssponse, then send a legal notification. Something like that.

In XD03, you can find the dunning block in Company code data --> corrospondence.

For this, you 1st need to define dunning block & assign it to the customer.

Dunning block is usually set for the high profile customer whose payment record is good. All blocks can be manually removed by the authorised person.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Dunning is a procedure where in the seller reminds the payer reg the outstanding payment. Its like we send reminders to the payer that payment is due.

Dunning can be of various levels like initially sending reminder mails for 3 times. If no rssponse, then send a legal notification. Something like that.

In XD03, you can find the dunning block in Company code data --> corrospondence.

For this, you 1st need to define dunning block & assign it to the customer.

Dunning block is usually set for the high profile customer whose payment record is good. All blocks can be manually removed by the authorised person.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

To be specific, the dunning block field is blank in the customer master and therefore the field is blank when I create the sales order. But in the invoice the dunning block field gets a value automatically.

My question is how is this getting determined at the invoice level automatically? Is there is any setting for this?

Thanks,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Press F4 in customer master-dunning block.

Blank means Freed for dunning. I think you are getting same value in invoice.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Looks like there is a customized block on invoice docs for dunning block. In VOV8, in billing view, we can have blocks for invoices.

Pls check there is there is any.

Also check in VOFA if there is any block.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivanand,

There is no customizing to do dunning block in both VOV8 and VOFA.

Is there is any other customizing to control this?

Thanks,

Shankar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar

Please check in T.Code F150

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Customized in sense a custom logic. Check if there is any customized code logic in the invoice generation SAPMV60A prog. Like if the customer is from sales org INxx, theen automatically update a dunning block or something like that.

As I understand, there is no standard SAP dunning block.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We maintain dunning information in customer master data.

Goto company code data, correspondence tab. Here we maintain dunning procedure and dunning block etc...

system copies dunning information from customer master.

Dunning levels control the dunning process.

Regards,

Chandra

Edited by: chandra sekhar S on Aug 25, 2008 12:19 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar

If you implement Dunning procedure, this field will be controlled based on the value you maintain in Payer customer master Company Code Data - under Correspondence tab

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you explain me in details how a particular value for dunning block gets determined in the invoice please?

Thanks,

Shankar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar

Please check this help link

[Setting the Dunning Block in Customer Line Items |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/87/a48feeb83811d396110000e835955b/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi