cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damage found on file DYNPLOAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

A power failure, coupled with a faulty breaker inline with our UPS, has resulted in damage to the file DYNPLOAD.

SAP seems to be functioning normally, but the file refuses to backup.

This weekend I intend to follow the "restoring by copying records" portion of note 831678. I have already copied away the records and this seems to work fine.

I thought I would post a quick note here just to ask whether anyone knows anything about table DYNPLOAD that means I might have a problem with this procedure.

Or even if there is a better way of recovering.

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Stephen,

I don't know if this problem got resolved yet. If not, you can delete the file DYNPLOAD from the library where it is damaged, restore it from the backup of another library at the same SAP level (e.g. development system), and clear it afterwards to avoid inconsistencies. Before you do that, check for dependent files and save them. The SAP instances need to be stopped during this operation.

1. DSPDBR FILE(R3xxxDATA/DYNPLOAD)

-> On my system, a view TCVIEW_P is found here. Backup and delete all dependent files:

2. SAVOBJ SAVOBJ OBJ(...) LIB(R3xxxDATA)

3. DLTF FILE(R3xxxDATA/...)

-> Now you can delete DYNPLOAD, restore it from another backup and clear it:

4. DLTF FILE(R3xxxDATA/DYNPLOAD)

5. RSTOBJ OBJ(DYNPLOAD) SAVLIB(R3yyyDATA) RSTLIB(R3xxxDATA)

6. CLRPFM FILE(R3xxxDATA/DYNPLOAD)

-> Restore the objects that you have saved in step 2:

7. RSTOBJ OBJ(...) SAVLIB(R3xxxDATA)

Another option might be to report the problem to the IBM support and have them look at the damage. If it is not the file description that is damaged, but for example the primary key, you could fix the problem by dropping and recreating the primary key.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian,

I haven't resolved the problem yet. My intention was to do it last weekend, however the business was running one of it's rare weekend shifts.My intention now is to do it this weekend. Failing that, I am doing a DR test next week and will have the opportunity to try out any or all of the recommended fixes.

I shall probably try yours first as it seems the easiest.I have a QA box I can take the file from.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damaged object now replaced.

I copied away the data to another lib.

Deleted the object (and the view over it)

Restored those two objects from a backup of my QA sytem

Copied the data back in.

Started journalling on the file.

And everything seems fine now.

Thanks all for the help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

the table DYNPLOAD contains the load version of the dynpros and can be rebuild from the dynpro sources. Please have a look at the detailed description in note 419990.

Kind regards,

Gerhard Hoffmann

Dev.Support for SAP on IBM i Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus, Gerhard, thanks both.

I have read both Notes and may give them a try.

I suspect however that as I've managed to copy away all the records, it's not the data that is damaged but the file description.

Neither method seems to delete the file, merely clear it.

Also, generally I feel more confident operating at an OS/400 level rather than in the BASIS environment.

I'll let you know what I do, and how I get on.

Thanks Again

Steve

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check note "110910 - Deleting the language load". That program will delete the language load and regenerate it. Maybe that will help you in solving your problem without having the need to restore the file.

Markus