cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clickable ProgressIndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to have a ProgressIndicator (Progress Bar) UI-Element on my page that is clickable. The click should execute an action, just like the click Event Handler for Buttons.

But the ProgressIndicator element does not have an onAction method.

Do you have any ideas how to accomplish this?

Thankful for any suggestions,

Lukas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas Zielinski,

We don't have any events for ProgressIndicator UI Element. Instead of that , you can add one more button near to the ProgressIndicator , and then write code in button events. Since the button near to the progress indicator having relevant label , users can easily get it and click on it.

try using this,

thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but isn't there some feasible workaround for this problem? Maybe I can subclass the element and add a feature (not sure, but I come from C++ programming.. ), maybe I can put it into some container that is clickable?

If not I'll have to go with your button-idea, Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the WD API docs. Since these are part of WD APIs, so applications may reference it or call any method of it, but they must not implement or extend it.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, you can't extend the functionality of UI elements.

As a workaround you could use a LinkToAction UI element. By providing for example 3 images "0.gif", "50.gif", "100.gif" that represent 0%, 50% and 100% you can do something like this

Context:

- percentValue (integer)
- imageSource (string, calculated)

String getImageSource(IContextElement element)
{
  int value = element.getPercentValue();
  if (value <= 50) return "0.gif";
  if (value <= 100) return "50.gif";
  return "100.gif";
}

If you bind the "imageSource" property of the LinkToAction to attribute "imageSource" you will get a clickable image that adapts its image to the current percentage value.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Armin,

I really like your idea. Basically I can write a program that gets me all bars from 0 - 100% as pictures and then just put them in some folder and switch like that.

Thanks for the input!

Lukas.

Answers (0)