cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample sales scenario configuretion

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client wants to provide samples to the customers for sales promotion. They want to create zero value invoice & excise invoice against it. Please suggest how to configure this scenario in sap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Phalguni

In sample sales itself, there are two methods adopted which I come across.

One is, the manufacturer provide few materials as samples to their customer on Free of Cost as a part of business development.

On the other hand, some customers while placing an order, they will stipulate a condition that only after sample approval, bulk supplies should be effected. In this case, customer will accept to pay for the sample lot.

So you have to define your pricing procedure accordingly. For first type of scenario, two methods are there. One is you can follow the suggestion given by Murali. Other one is you can create a normal OR, create LF delivery, do PGI (with movement type 601) but instead of raising commercial invoice, raise F8 proforma invoice. By doing so, as and when you despatch samples, the stock will get knock off and at the sametime, customer will not get debited.

For the second option, ofcourse, you can adopt the normal pricing procedure.

But please dont forget to assign the sale document type in OVAZ and pricing procedure in OVKK.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Banerjee,

Please try with this

You define seperate pricing procedure for the samples in the IMGm,

Path is SPRO>IMG>Sales and distribution->Basic functions>Pricing>Pricing control--->Define And Assign Pricing Procedures.

-->Maintain pricing procedures

-->Define customer pricing procedure

-->Define document pricing procedure

-->Assign document pricing procedures to order types

You define diefferent sales order document type for sample process in VOV8 transaction.

You determine the sample pricing procedure in OVKK with the sample order pricing procedure combination.

You maintain the the R100 -- 100% discount condition type in your sample pricing procedure to make the zero value.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.