Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Problem

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to migrate the sample "petstore" application provided by Sun, onto the SAP WAS 6.4.

This PETSTORE application uses "cloudscape" database(you can see this sample application on Sun's website).

I downloaded the application from the Sun's website and imported into N/W Studio using J2ee migration kit.

Then I tried 2 options :

1. I changed the DataSource Name of the existing PETSTORE Project (Datasource name was stored in persistent.xml) to SAPJ2EDB as defined in the SAP WAS.

Then I did a build and tried to deploy the PetStore application on SAPWAS.

2. I added one alias name to the existing datasource name as present on SAPWAS.

This alias name matched the data source entry as defined in persistent.xml of the PETSTORE Project.

Both these options are giving the same below mentioned error.

However the build has no errors but the deployment has.

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/PetStore.. Reason: Cannot obtain an appropriate JDBC type for class com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.creditcard.ejb.CreditCardLocal. To store the field with this class in the database, the class must implement java.io.Serializable.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.deployment.EJBDeploymentException: Cannot obtain an appropriate JDBC type for class com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.creditcard.ejb.CreditCardLocal. To store the field with this class in the database, the class must implement java.io.Serializable.

Now, this class is a Local Interface, so cannot implement any other interface.

Looking at the error message I feel that maybe the JDBC Type is not appropiate.

Currenly the DataSource of SAPWAs is using JDBC 1.x Driver Class.

Can you analyze the Sun's sample application and help me with this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

solved it myself.