cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two MI Clients running on the same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a MI Client running on my desktop.

I want to install another MI Client without uninstalling it i.e. I want to have two running fully functional MI Clients on my desktop.

Is this possible, how do I do it?

Ankur

(Both MI Client are of the same SP level)

(I tried to rename the existing MI root folder and then running the setup.exe of MI client, then I cut&pasted the whole MI root folder into my D drive and then tried running the setup.exe - both times when I ran the setup.exe it asked first to Remove my current installation... )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

It can be done. I am also using two MI clients on my machine. While installing the MI clients place them in different folders.

The root folder path should be different for both the clients and it should work. Even you can keep the two shortcuts on your desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But when I am running the setup.exe to install another client - It gives me the first and only option of removing the earlier installation and then installing the new one. What is to be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Please follow the instructions mentioned in the following guide to achieve what you wish to do.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fecd11da-0801-0010-0da2-ffee3d04...

Best Regards

Sivakumar

PS: Forgot to mention one additional stuff. I you plan to run both the clients simultaneous, then you need to change the tomcat port on the client since two clients cannot share the same port. To change the port of the client do the following.

Under your MI home folder go to "CONF" directory and open "server.xml" file and in here change the following value from 4444 to any other value. (4444 is the default port)

<Parameter name="port" value="<YOUR NEW PORT NO>"/>

Similiarly add the following properties in the MobileEngine.config file present in the SETTINGS folder of MI Client.

MobileEngine.Runtime.Port = <YOUR NEW PORT NO>

MobileEngine.Jsp.HomeUrl = http://localhost:<YOUR NEW PORT NO>/

Add a file named port.txt in the MI Home folder and in it mention <YOUR NEW PORT NO> without any other values.

Edited by: Sivakumar V on Aug 25, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers (0)