cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLATION ERROR ORACLE NOT INSTALLED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am trying to install r/3 version 4.7 sp1 on oracle 10g. i have installed oracle successfully even i am able to login from cmd as sysdba and fron oracle gui.i set the environment variablr oracle_home now when i try to install CI it says " oracle is not installed on this host.install oracle before proceed". what to do??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you on Windows?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i am on win 2003 ( enterprise)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use the CD that is released for installation on 10g? Did you select server version 10g in sapinst? Or do you use R3SETUP?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

my sap installation master cd does not ask for db version. is there any specific sapinst cd for oracle 10 g inatallation?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are using R3SETUP?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you need several special CDs and built the environment on your own - see

Note 976457 - Oracle 10g Support on Windows: 4.6D-Based SAP Systems

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey dear dhor,

can you guide me further for 10 installation i dont have access to SERVICE MARKET PLACE .can you send me the containt on sanjeev.biw at gmail

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m afraid, I can´t.

You will need access because you need to download special CDs from there and an attachment to a note and use the description of the note to build your installation environment.

If you have no access to SMP then you´re most likely not entitled to have the software.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

your point well perceived i request to my administrator to have either give me login or development not possible thank you very much?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you´re a licensed customer then it´s a matter of minutes to create a new user in the service marketplace so go and ask him - and beat him if he doesn´t do it (I´m kidding)

Markus

Answers (0)