cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out the corresponding planning area for a given infosource?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing BW-APO in our project.

We have got couple of standard BI infosources and now the task is to identify the corresponding planning area for a given infosource..

Let' say for 0APO_DP_ORDERANALYTICS_1

what is the planning area?

Any help is appreciatable!!!

Regards,

Swapna.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

The standard BI infosources 0APO_* where designed to retrieve data from LC orders, not time series.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

Thanks for you reply..

well, we are in the very begining stage of our BW-APO implemetation.

Now ,we are in the porcess of identifying the possible sources in APO from which we can extract the data..

In this process we got know that from planning area you can genererate data source to extract the data.

but, here we have got standard infosources from BI content

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/16/4d0b3c56488e6be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

so... our task is to find the related planning area in apo for a given datasource/info source

PLease let me know if you need further info..

Cheers,

SWapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using standerd Planning Area in Demand Planning?

if you are using Different MPOS & planning Area in Demand Planning,then you should create Data Source linked to Planning Area & remaning Data Flow process means Info Source,Info Cube,Info Package,Transformation & Data Transfer Process.So that you extract the Planning Area data in to APO BW then further for Reporting purpose or Backup purpose.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

You are to create your own data source etc. please refer to [Extracting Data from a Planning Area |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

0APO_DP_ORDERANALYTICS_1 can provide you the info about sales orders comming from R/3 to PP/DS, not any DP plannig area.

Regards,

Alexander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me first thank all of you for your valuable suggestions...

Initiallly i was totally blank about APO functionality side however after having brain strom sessions with apo functional guys i got know the overview of apo and how as BI consultant i should look for data in APO

Thank you!!!

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander/Sujay ,

Thanks for your reply..well, we know how to extract the data from planning area ,once we got the corresponding planning area.

But the task is to find the related planning area for a given infosource.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/16/4d0b3c56488e6be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

in the link you can see

for DP:Standard Infosource is 0APO_DP_ORDERANALYTICS_1

for SNP:Standard Infosource is 0APO_SNP_GLOBALCAPUTIL_1

0APO_SNP_GLOBALINVVIEW_1

We have installed the above in BI.Now we need to extract the data from APO for which we required to know the related planning area ..exactly here we are stuck...

To your second point if 0APO_DP_ORDERANALYTICS_1 is related to PP/DS then why is it listed under DP area?

Please calrify

Cheers,

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna.

You are at risk of putting the cart before the horse here. As Sujay asks, it is important to understand whether you are using the standard provided planning areas. Even then there are a number of different planning areas that may be deployed depending upon the required planning functionality. There then may be the case where standard planning areas are not being used (this is very often the case) which means that your InfoSources might only be good as a template.

All this makes your question virtually impossible to answer.

Maybe if you gave some background as to the status of your project we could help more.

From your question it looks as if you are working on APO-BW outbound (i.e., reporting after the planning has taken place) which would suggest that the design and build of APO-BW inbound and the planning functionality has taken place. Is this the case?

If so, then you need to touch base with your APO technical guys to understand the design of the planning areas and whether your standard 0APO_* InfoSources are suitable.

If not, I suggest you are working back to front and you should be focussing on the APO-BW inbound required to support the planning requirements.

Regards, Mark.